1. The longitudinal plane of the form polypropylene is straight and smooth, and the cross-section is rounded.
2. The most important advantage of density polypropylene is that it is light in texture and its density is only 0.91g/cm3 is the most common type of chemical fiber, so the same weight of polypropylene can be higher than other fiber coverage area.
3. Strong tensile strength of polypropylene, elongation, high initial modulus, good elasticity. Therefore, polypropylene has good abrasion resistance. In addition, the wet strength of polypropylene is basically equal to dry strength, so it is the ideal material for making nets and cables.
4. Hygroscopicity and dyeability of polypropylene fiber are very small, almost no moisture absorption, the general atmospheric conditions of moisture regain close to zero. But it has a core suction, can pass through the fabric of the capillary water vapor, but they do not have any absorption. The dyeing property of polypropylene fiber is poor and the color spectrum is not complete, but it can be used to make up the insufficiency by coloring the liquid.
5. Acid and alkali-resistant polypropylene fiber has a good chemical corrosion resistance, in addition to concentrated nitric acid, strong caustic soda, polypropylene to acid and alkali resistance performance is good, so suitable for use as filter materials and packaging materials.
6. Light resistance, such as polypropylene, poor light resistance, thermal stability is also poor, easy to aging, not resistant to ironing. However, it can improve its anti-aging performance by adding anti-aging agent during spinning. In addition, polypropylene has good electrical insulating property, but it is easy to produce static electricity when processing.